Calabasas Real Estate – Round Meadow Elementary School Profile
Home to the Colts, Round Meadow Elementary School is a California Distinguished School. It is located in the city of Calabasas, CA adjacent to the Hidden Hills community and is one of 10 elementary schools in Las Virgenes Unified School District. It is a public school that serves over 600 students for grades K-5. It is among the few public elementary schools in California to receive a distinguished GreatSchools Rating of 9 out of 10.
Round Meadow Elementary School did not make AYP in 2011. Under No Child Left Behind, a school makes Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) if it achieves the minimum levels of improvement determined by the state of California in terms of student performance and other accountability measures. See Round Meadow Elementary School’s test results to learn more about school performance.
A school’s Academic Performance Index (API) is a scale that ranges from 200 to 1000 and is calculated from the school’s performance in the Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program. The state has set 800 as the API target for all schools to meet.
Round Meadow Elementary School had an API growth score of 893 in 2011. California uses the Academic Performance Index (API) to measure annual school performance and year-to-year improvement. Round Meadow Elementary School’s 2011 base score was 875 and the school did meet its 2011 school-wide growth target.
For more information, call the number provided.
- Fax: 818-883-7121
- Hours: Mon – Fri, 7:30am – 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: ADA compliant
- Number of students: 604
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Kindergarten, 21:1; Grade 1, 25:1; Grade 2, 24:1; Grade 3, 25:1; Grade 4, 34:1; Grade 5, 33:1
- Number of faculty: 31
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Parents are encouraged to join the Parent Faculty Association.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Chorus program, basketball, volleyball, rock climbing, chess, student council